About Leap Venture Studio
The Leap Venture Studio is the first pet care-specific startup accelerator. The Studio represents Mars Petcare and Michelson Found Animals’ commitment to improving the lives of pets and their owners through science, technology and innovation. The Venture Studio is supported by R/GA, a world-class services platform that connects our startups with award-winning strategists, technologists, designers and consultants. The combined networks and resources of R/GA, Mars Petcare (Kinship) and Michelson Found Animals, make the Leap Venture Studio the most effective startup accelerator in the pet care industry.
Each cohort of the annual program consists of 6-8 companies that work with the Leap partners in the studio for a total of 12 weeks. The Studio program is based in Los Angeles but does not require participants to be present for its entirety. The Leap Venture Studio is highly customized to the different needs of each company in the cohort.
The Leap Venture Studio culminates in a live-pitch event where Studio companies pitch to investors, industry leaders and the startup community. Studio companies receive an investment of up to $200K if selected into the program.
The next Leap Venture Studio program will take place from February to May 2020 in Los Angeles, California. Applications are now open. Appy Here.
Application & Timeline
SEP 15, 2019
OCT 31, 2019
DEC 2, 2019
FEB 10, 2020
MAY 7, 2020
How to apply
Applications to the next Leap Venture Studio are now being accepted. Applications close on October 31, 2019. Final selections will be made in December 2019.
The Venture Studio is currently scheduled to take place from February 10 – May 7, 2020 in Los Angeles, California. The program will culminate with a pitch event in New York City on May 7.
How to Apply:
- Access the application here.
- You will need to create an account with f6s.com.
- Fill out our application on f6s.com; try to answer all the questions to the best of your ability. If you are unfamiliar with f6s or need assistance, contact their support team.
- When answering the questions, please do not refer to past applications or other documents you may have emailed us in the past. Also, please do not refer to other documents or videos you may upload as part of application. Assume this is the first time we’ve met you or heard about your startup.
- You can update the information in f6s as often as you like until you submit your application.
- Once your application is submitted, it will be reviewed by the Leap Ventures team. We may contact you for additional information or clarification.
- Select applicants will be invited to pitch to the Leap Ventures team via teleconference in November and December.
- Final decisions are expected to be made by the end of December 2019.
What we ask about in the application:
- General information about your company i.e. stage of development, location, social media links, website, founding date etc.
- A pitch deck is required, please be concise.
- An explanation of your product, the problem you aim to solve, your competitors etc.
- Details about your team’s size, members and experience.
- Funding details
- Customer traction information
- Explanation of why you are choosing to apply to this program and how you believe it can help your company.
Does your startup have what it takes to be in the next cohort? Check our our upcoming informational webinars here.
Leap Venture Studio Overview
Learn about what you can expect from the program!
Barkibu helps pet parents understand their pet’s health and navigate them to the appropriate care through an AI-powered pet health platform.
Jiminy’s replaces animal protein with cricket protein, creating a line of sustainable pet food.
Shameless Pets works to reduce the environmental impact of pet food through their nutritional upcycled treats.
Sniffspot’s marketplace platform connects owners to different outdoor locations, unlocking new spaces for pets.
AnimalBiome provides non-invasive diagnostics and microbiome restoration for healthier pets.
CuidaMiMascota connects pet owners with trusted pet sitters that offer cage-free, safe and cost-effective care in Latin America.
MixLab is a modern veterinary compounding pharmacy that creates personalized medicines and wellness products for pets.
PetPlate is an online subscription service that delivers freshly-cooked, vet-designed, human-grade dog food right to your door.