About Leap Venture Studio
The Leap Venture Studio is the first pet care-specific startup accelerator. The Studio represents Michelson Found Animals and Kinships’ commitment to improving the lives of pets and their owners through science, technology, and innovation. The Studio is supported by R/GA Ventures, a world-class services platform that connects our startups with award-winning strategists, technologists, designers, and consultants. The combined networks and resources of R/GA, Michelson Found Animals, and Kinship make the Leap Venture Studio the most effective startup accelerator in the pet care industry.
Each cohort of the annual program consists of 6-8 companies that work with the Leap partners in the studio for a total of 12 weeks. The Studio program is based in Los Angeles, but due to COVID-19, the 2021 program will be entirely virtual. The Leap Venture Studio is highly customized to the different needs of each company in the cohort.
The Leap Venture Studio culminates in an online pitch event where Studio companies pitch to investors, industry leaders, and the startup community. Studio companies receive an investment of up to $200K if selected into the program.
The next Leap Venture Studio program will take place from February to May 2021 virtually.
Applications are now open and close October 15, 2020.
Leap Venture Studio Application Instructions
Leap Venture Studio is now accepting applications for its fourth program starting in February 2021. Deadline to apply is October 15, 2020.
- Fill out our application on this form.
- We recommend filling out your answers in another document so you don’t lose your responses.
- When answering the questions, please do not refer to past applications or other documents you may have emailed us in the past. Also, please do not refer to other documents or videos you may upload as part of application. Assume this is the first time we’ve met you or heard about your startup.
- Once you submit the application, you will not be able to update answers.
- Once your application is submitted, it will be reviewed by the Leap Venture Studio team and select others.
- We may contact you for additional information or clarification.
- Select applicants will be invited to pitch to the Leap Ventures team via teleconference in November and December.
- Final decisions are expected to be made by the end of December 2020.
What We Ask in the Application:
- General information about your company (i.e. stage of development, location, social media links, website, founding date etc.).
- Your startup’s plan and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- A pitch deck is required – please be concise.
- An explanation of your product, the problem you aim to solve, your competitors etc.
- Details about your team’s size, members, and experience.
- Funding details.
- Customer traction information.
- Explanation of why you are choosing to apply to this program and how you believe it can help your company.
Application & Timeline
SEP 8, 2020
OCT 15, 2020
DEC 15, 2020
FEB 8, 2021
MAY 6, 2021
LEAP VENTURE STUDIO OVERVIEW
Learn about what you can expect from the program!
Dogdrop is a new kind of dog daycare based around convenience and flexibility—monthly subscription, multiple retail locations, well-designed and tech-enabled.
Dogo is a mobile dog training app that helps strengthen the bond between dog owners and their best friends.
Native Pet is redefining pet supplements by harnessing the nutritional power of whole food ingredients to deliver highly effective, clean label supplements.
Project Blu is on a mission to revolutionize the pet accessories market and become the global leader for sustainable pet products.
Barkibu helps pet parents understand their pet’s health and navigate them to the appropriate care through an AI-powered pet health platform.
Jiminy’s replaces animal protein with cricket protein, creating a line of sustainable pet food.
Shameless Pets works to reduce the environmental impact of pet food through their nutritional upcycled treats.
Sniffspot’s marketplace platform connects owners to different outdoor locations, unlocking new spaces for pets.
AnimalBiome provides non-invasive diagnostics and microbiome restoration for healthier pets.
CuidaMiMascota connects pet owners with trusted pet sitters that offer cage-free, safe and cost-effective care in Latin America.
MixLab is a modern veterinary compounding pharmacy that creates personalized medicines and wellness products for pets.
PetPlate is an online subscription service that delivers freshly-cooked, vet-designed, human-grade dog food right to your door.
The Leap Venture Studio invites experts and professionals from the startup and pet care space to support the growth of each company throughout the 12 weeks.